Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I am relatively new to the Tribeca about a month or so in and I have a fully loaded 07 with nav, backup cam dvd etc.

One thing that absolutely drives me insane is whem you turn off the vehicle you can no longer use the power windows or moonroof.
This I find rediculous considering you can do your windows up on virtually anything with the egnition shut down on 04 and up.

Is there an option or am I simply missing something in regards to this or did I need a newer Trib then 2007?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which is rediculous even my 05 montana I used to have you could still have power until you opened a door!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Actually there are a lot of things I think the B9 should have come with. IMO it should have come with a power lift gate. But the B9 has the best AWD IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hard not to agree there. It has some nice little features but seriously lacks in other places where there is no excuse for it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The wife has a winge about no small digital clock on the dash as she dosen't always turn on the audio/sat nav screen and the fact the aircon turns on every time you turn on the heater controls

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup more annoying stuff, have any these itmes been fixed in the 08 or 09 can anyone confirm any changes besides the front end on the Trib?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think the accessory power shutoff thing is a japanese thing, I've always driven japanese cars (Suby, Honda, Toyota) so I've never known any different...but pretty much all the American cars I've driven do have delayed accessory power shutoff.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
snork said:
I think the accessory power shutoff thing is a japanese thing, I've always driven japanese cars (Suby, Honda, Toyota) so I've never known any different...but pretty much all the American cars I've driven do have delayed accessory power shutoff.
Agreed. I've only experienced the delayed power on domestic cars, never on imports.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Agreed. I've only experienced the delayed power on domestic cars, never on imports.
Honda has been using it for years on the Accord. Had a buddy with a mid-90s Accord that kept accessory power for 60 seconds, or until you opened a door.

·
Registered
552 Posts
My 03 Accord will keep the windows powered as long as the key is still in the ignition (even in the "off" position), but once you pull the key all power dies even if you don't open the door.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yep, that is the "Buy American" option if you want the accessories and windows to work when the key is out.

Another feature I got used to with my work Van (Chrysler product) is that I could leave the map light on when I am unloading in the dark and it would turn it off after a few minutes. The next time you started the car the map light would be on. I left my map light in the Tribeca and it drained the battery after being on all night.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nah that's not only American by any means, it's just sloppy if you ask me. If you want to compete in the luxury SUV you should have a look at what others are also doing and or have. The thing is with this vehicle is that it DOES have some other very nice features, it's just too bad it lacks in so many as well

tons of others do it such as BMW, etc

·
Registered
405 Posts
My 07 TUNDRA TOYOTA, you can take key out and still play with power windows.
I don't mind not having auto rear cargo door, just one less thing to break.

Now if your wife is pregnant, it would help for sure!

Akacia said:
nah that's not only American by any means, it's just sloppy if you ask me. If you want to compete in the luxury SUV you should have a look at what others are also doing and or have. The thing is with this vehicle is that it DOES have some other very nice features, it's just too bad it lacks in so many as well

tons of others do it such as BMW, etc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts