Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help getting Subaru to pay to repaint my Tribeca. Granted it's 4 years old, but the problem didn't occur until recently. This is a know defect. Why should I pay 1/2 half of the $5,000 they quoted. Miles, age shouldn't matter when they (Subaru) know of this problem.

New to the forum. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
This subject has been covered a lot. Do a quick search. You'll find it.

The short answer is to get SOA involved right away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it was new. Leased it. The lease is up but I can't turn it in until I get it repainted. Fighting with SOA as they are only offering 1/2 as GOOD WILL!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Tribeca_06 said:
hey have the same problem, search the form and you'll learn alot . did you buy the b9 new and at a dealer?
Hold on. This is a lease? It's a known issue and they won't let you turn it in until its fixed??? Get SOA on the horn now and print out all the threads about the issue. PM those members and get their success stories.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a used B9 Tribeca off lease from a used car lot in Baltimore.

I noticed the paint defect, but bought it anyway because of the price was right and the vehicle was in perfect condition.

I went to local Subaru dealership in Philadelphia and even though I wasn't original owner, the vehicle was beyond 36 month warranty and I didn't buy the vehicle from that dealership, they agreed without hesitation to repaint it at NO COST and provided me with an '09 Tribeca as a rental for 2 weeks while it was getting repainted.

SOA is well aware of this issue and should quickly agree to cover full cost of repainting (sometimes the dealership will frustrate the process because they are trying to do good by SOA, when in fact SOA has already accounted for the repaint issues in its warranty reserves). Go beyond the dealership and ask to speak with local SOA warranty representative as well as write to SOA headquarters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Camp Poetry said:
I need help getting Subaru to pay to repaint my Tribeca. Granted it's 4 years old, but the problem didn't occur until recently. This is a know defect. Why should I pay 1/2 half of the $5,000 they quoted. Miles, age shouldn't matter when they (Subaru) know of this problem.

New to the forum. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,
I had the same problem with same year Tribeca. I read some of the threads here and called Subaru of America about it. They referred me to a local Subaru dealer who then took pictures of the "ghosting" (they were amazed, having never seen anything like that before), filled out a "QMR" report and then forwarded all of the information back to SOA. Long story short, They called me yesterday (12-16-09) and agreed to pay the entire cost of repainting the vehicle. I am now a Subaru fan for life.

·
Registered
630 Posts
3 beca- thats great good luck! let us know!

cbell- when did you first call them? and thats grea tthey are covering the full cost now b/c ive yet to go to my dealer about it and im happy they are paying full and didnt screw you around a bit! let me know the result!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Hold on. This is a lease? It's a known issue and they won't let you turn it in until its fixed??? Get SOA on the horn now and print out all the threads about the issue. PM those members and get their success stories.
no i own mine but the other guy has a lease and thats pretty retarded that its THERE car and THERE fault and you can return it. Actually my brother has a Mercury SUV and the engine died and its a 2007 and Mercury wont take the lease back until he pays $6000 for a new engine...im not sure if he missed an oil change but if he maitained then it might be a defect but im not sure yet..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.