Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Tribeca
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I bought a 2006 Subaru Tribeca b9 and didn’t realize til I got home that it didn’t have the remote or headset. Is there a way to just buy a remote and set it up to work with my cars DVD player or is that something I have to have a shop/dealership do? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is the DVD player stock or aftermarket? I know that generic RF headphones bought off ebay or Amazon will will work with the DVD player, but I think that the remote is specific to the DVD player, it has some buttons on it that I don't think would come with a universal remote, and I don't think the stock DVD player will work without the remote (ie. there is no play button incorporated into our radio)

·
Registered
2006 Tribeca
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
wil
Is the DVD player stock or aftermarket? I know that generic RF headphones bought off ebay or Amazon will will work with the DVD player, but I think that the remote is specific to the DVD player, it has some buttons on it that I don't think would come with a universal remote, and I don't think the stock DVD player will work without the remote (ie. there is no play button incorporated into our radio)
I believe it is stock due to not having buttons besides eject disc. If I buy the actual remote for it will it automatically work or do I need to take it somewhere to be programmed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts