Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2006 tribeca limited, its got 35k miles, and just the other day i drove for about 2 hours with the a/c on. And when we stoped and got out and came back about 30 minutes later the entire passenger floor was soaked with water, i took apart the dash to get to the air conditioner and cant quite find where the leek is coming from. Anyone know where the drain plug is for it maybe there is something stuck? or am i compleatly off track??:mad:

·
Registered
552 Posts
It is most likely the A/C, but unfortunately I dunno where the drain is.

One other possibility (this happened to my Honda Accord) is that one of the sunroof drain lines is clogged. The sunroof has drain lines that run down the A-pillars. I was fortunate that it was still under warranty and Honda replaced all the carpeting and ceiling liner (it also had water spots).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah its deffinetly not anything to do with the sunroof, its the A/C for sure, it only happens after the A/C has been running for a while then when it starts to thaw out it soaks the carpet, and i have also noticed a puddle of water next to the right front tire. it is also dripping there

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not worried about the carpet getting replaced i have cleaned them already. they are dryer than a popcorn fart

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sounds like you've got a plugged/kinked A/C drain hose. Should be a low-cost fix, although it might be time consuming to find the location of the problem yourself.

Do you have a repair manual?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does anyone have a link on how to remove the AC drain hose for 06 Tribeca? My passenger side is leaking again when i turn on the AC.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had this problem, ride your beca up on some ramps and there is a hose on the right side just behind the front wheel that is clamped to the body, all i did was unclamp it and the water came pouring out... put it back up and havent had another problem since

1 - 8 of 8 Posts