Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I HAVE an 06 Tribeca and recently had the engine changed recently, at about 220k km.

The check engine light is on and error codes have been checked- most related to the transmission. (P0761,P0700 and P171)

On occasion, when driving it sounds, like the car is stuck in like 2nd gear , and the SPORT light starts to flash ( i dont even know how to activate sport mode!). It's definitely an issue when trying to move from stop position at a light. It happens not to often, but more frequently lately.

Has anyone had a similar issues? How did you resolve it? Is the transmission control module a somewhat relatively easy fix or are we looking at over $1000+ repair?

·
V6er Version 2
Facelift (EZ36D, 5EAT TG5D), MY2008, 7seat Limited (no DVD, no NAVI)
415 Posts
1) it would have been nice from you to try google yourself error explanations - so we(those willing to help) don't have to... Moderator comment, please don't tell people to google things: Some of us just are just objective about things. It would be different if someone kept asking the same question over and over. This was the poster's first post.
2) anyways
P0171: Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1
P0761 SUBARU Code - Shift Solenoid 'C' Performance or Stuck Off
P0700 transmission control system - malfunction

3) what I would do - erase errors and drive around to confirm that errors are current.
P0171 - first check lambda (a/f) sensors (probably easiest would be to connect some diagnostic devices to see voltages in real time) - they might have gone wrong, if there is nothing wrong with those - fuel system delivery might be the problem.
P0761 - solenoid gone bad. change it and transmission fluid and filters too.

·
Registered
2008 Tribeca
48 Posts
Lean bank is usually caused by a vacuum leak. But can be injectors, oxygen sensor, ect.

Shift solenoid is usually the solenoid or the wiring/connector to it.

The malfunction code was probably caused by the shift solenoid problem.

·
V6er Version 2
Facelift (EZ36D, 5EAT TG5D), MY2008, 7seat Limited (no DVD, no NAVI)
415 Posts
@89sandman that's where lambda(oxygen, a/f) sensors come in - if exhaust is lean, injector pulse width is adjusted(additional fuel)...
holes in intake - usual suspect: intake resonator chamber crack on top(I finally overpowered my lazyness and checked that I have one too :D ). smoke test should help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.