Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I HAVE an 06 Tribeca and recently had the engine changed recently, at about 220k km.

The check engine light is on and error codes have been checked- most related to the transmission. (P0761,P0700 and P171)

On occasion, when driving it sounds, like the car is stuck in like 2nd gear , and the SPORT light starts to flash ( i dont even know how to activate sport mode!). It's definitely an issue when trying to move from stop position at a light. It happens not to often, but more frequently lately.

Has anyone had a similar issues? How did you resolve it? Is the transmission control module a somewhat relatively easy fix or are we looking at over $1000+ repair?

·
Registered
209 Posts
1) it would have been nice from you to try google yourself error explanations - so we(those willing to help) don't have to...
2) anyways
P0171: Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1
P0761 SUBARU Code - Shift Solenoid 'C' Performance or Stuck Off
P0700 transmission control system - malfunction

3) what I would do - erase errors and drive around to confirm that errors are current.
P0171 - first check lambda (a/f) sensors (probably easiest would be to connect some diagnostic devices to see voltages in real time) - they might have gone wrong, if there is nothing wrong with those - fuel system delivery might be the problem.
P0761 - solenoid gone bad. change it and transmission fluid and filters too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lean bank is usually caused by a vacuum leak. But can be injectors, oxygen sensor, ect.

Shift solenoid is usually the solenoid or the wiring/connector to it.

The malfunction code was probably caused by the shift solenoid problem.

·
Registered
209 Posts
@89sandman that's where lambda(oxygen, a/f) sensors come in - if exhaust is lean, injector pulse width is adjusted(additional fuel)...
holes in intake - usual suspect: intake resonator chamber crack on top(I finally overpowered my lazyness and checked that I have one too :D ). smoke test should help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts