Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone i have a question i have a 06 tribea and i was wondering on my car when i open the door only the rear puddle light coms on is that normal even dow there is a puddle light up front :rolleyes:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately it seems to be a pretty common theme that the puddle lights go out:( A few members on here have reported seal failures on the housings which leads to water getting in and shorting it out.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
LORE BECA said:
I think I will hold off on installing those on new TRIBECA!
Why would you hold off? I had them installed on our 07 and so far (knock on wood) nothing has shorted out yet.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ours work fine too, even though the car is only a year old. I considered the puddle lights as a frivolous add-on, but it was one of the accessories on the package we wanted. On a few occasions they've been beneficial, but otherwise they're just eye candy.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Brien said:
Ours work fine too, even though the car is only a year old. I considered the puddle lights as a frivolous add-on, but it was one of the accessories on the package we wanted. On a few occasions they've been beneficial, but otherwise they're just eye candy.
... but it's totally worthwhile eye candy! I get comments about them quite often. Good conversation starter to talk about Subies.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have to take car to dealer for tint, part of selling price.

You guys have me on the fence again about this add on!

I was reading all the problems with shorting out of lights and lights filling with water, i WILL ASK Subaru.

·
Registered
552 Posts
FWIW, mine work flawlessly too:D

They're definitely attention getters...the first time people see them we always get good comments:cool: :tup:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Well I told SUBARU dealer to install, 258 bucks total parts and labor.

I was just worried upon reading posts on problems with them!

I'D POST PICTURES, IF I KNEW HOW!!!
:confused:

·
Registered
405 Posts
It is strange to be driving a not so very pricey car, but see so few of them on road. When my wife and I do, we point.
Quite a few with that Alfa Romeo front look.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
true the car is great i don't know why people arn't buying them, this is my first subaru and i love it

·
Registered
405 Posts
Honestly I wanted a 4runner, v6, 2 wheel REAR DRIVE, bigger and truck chasis. Reason: Didn't want that Pull F.W.D. give under acceleration and labor to fix F.W.D. Wife wanted TRIBECA... ALSO BODY STYLE WILL CHANGE IN 6 MONTHS for 4 runner, she REALLY liked Tribeca.
CX9 was another choice, CHEAP LOOKING UNDER HOOD AND VERY FLIMSY INTERIOR. OUTSIDE WAS NOT BAD. F.W.D. And you bang your head getting into it, I'M 5 FOOT 9. Feel sorry for the tall people.

I LIKED TRIBECA INTERIOR, A.W.D. does'nt give you that front end pull on acceleration that FWD does. Outside not bad at all. I wished it was more unique, RX 330's fool me from far away cause they look alike in profile.

We bought satin white, wanted that gold color, glad we didn't buy gold.
That pearl white looks great out in sun, when clean.

The SPECIAL EDITION was right choice, didn't want extra electronics.

IT CAME WITH IPOD, now I have to get one.

Got to find ipod that will charge from car, the new ones don't.

WHEN YOU go by what SOME REVIEWS say, you would think aw just another C U V. After I drove it, I was wondering if we were driving the same car or these reviewers have a bias to other vehicles, like TOYOTA.

Toyota quality is not as great as all that, I have an 07, I know!

I want to be pleasantly surprised by this car in long run, truly!!
;)

SORRY FOR RAMBLING ON AND ON!!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
LORE BECA said:
Well I told SUBARU dealer to install, 258 bucks total parts and labor.

I was just worried upon reading posts on problems with them!

I'D POST PICTURES, IF I KNEW HOW!!!
:confused:
That isn't bad at all. I had paid $144 for the kit and $150 for labor. So you are making out better then me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i think the suburu is a great buy compare to the 4runner, the nissan murano, and the volvo just to name a few, i drove all these cars and at the end i picked the subaru not only for the name but the locks of the subaru

·
Registered
405 Posts
Magic Marker said:
That isn't bad at all. I had paid $144 for the kit and $150 for labor. So you are making out better then me.
THANKS!

NOW where do we find replacement LED's if one of these burn out?

·
Registered
405 Posts
As I was dropping car of to get puddle lights I saw 2010 LEGACY ON LOT, FULLY LOADED.

Rep was driving it to all dealers to show it to salesmen ( their mouths were watering), much bigger than 09, 2.5 turbo, leather, wood trim interior. DEFINITELY FULL SIZE SEDAN. Extremely Sporty.

They had them side by size, 09 and 2010, not the same car at all.

The 2010 Legacy is now the biggest SUBARU, NOT THE TRIBECA.
:cool:
It looks like a SUBIE EVOLUTION, what next a TRIBECA the size of an EXPEDITION.
Just kidding of course........:rolleyes:.

IT WILL HIT LOTS NEXT MONTH.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts