Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought an 06 Tribeca and I am in love. Unfortunately the trash I bought it from treated it terribly so it definitely needed (up to this point) 48 solid hours of cleaning and maintenance to get into tip top condition.

One of the unsurprising things is the Nav screen is dead. And whereas this is not shocking I have been unable to find any details on one thing, the dealership was no help either.

My screen is completely dead, no splash screen or touch response, but the screen is still back lit. Is this the same issue others were having? Is the Nav screen being black but still back lit indicative of the screen itself being toasted or is it possible its a fouled connection?

Just curious if anyone else had had any experience with this.

Thanks! Ben

·
Registered
703 Posts
I assume you've checked all of the connections, wire harnesses, etc. behind the display, head unit and the nav unit (under the driver's seat)?

Does your audio system function normally?

Does the nav screen respond with anything - even a flicker - when you push any of the multi-function buttons (Menu, Map, Zoom, Audio, Info, etc.)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled out the screen cleaned every connection and reassembled. The screen is back out but there is nothing happening when I touch anything. Everything else operates perfectly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couple of updates. I noticed that even though the screen is black, the touch screen aspect is still functioning. Also all the buttons below are now flashing but I have the gps unit out so that is probably caused by that.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Couple of updates. I noticed that even though the screen is black, the touch screen aspect is still functioning.
Does it beep like you're actually pressing things?

If you shine a flashlight on it, can you see the screen? You said earlier that the backlight is working but there's nothing, does that mean it's a total white screen? Or is it black? Black would indicate a backlight issue to me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the lack of clarity.

The screen is all black, but at night I can tell it is illuminated. Also when turning on you can tell the back light is coming on.

Using screen shots and the physical buttons I was able to make the screen beep by touching it.

I was also able to turn off the screen by hitting the physical button in the car right then tapping the bottom left corner of the screen.

There is one connection on the navigation computer, the connector on the bottom right, if I jiggle that connector a horizontal white line flashes on the screen.

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts