Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OKAY IM SURE A LOT OF OTHER 06 subie tribecca owners WOULD LIKE THE BACK UP CAMERA FUNCTION ENABLED....It is way easy! buy a back up cam,(i used a TADI) .2 lux waterproof cam, 25ft good quality video rca wire, wired the power into the back up light wires on the tail light so all i needed to run was the rca video cable to the nav unit through the headliner area, and a simple rca adapter to pin plug on the nav unit. It works perfectly! screen shots in this post :)
I also took care of the mushy brakes by at least 75% improvment, drilled nicad plated rotors, Akebono pads, stainless steel braided brake lines by "g-stop"
I also did a dash kit, "titanium burlwood" by WOW DASH KITS.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Not feeling the dash kit or the painted calipers, but great job on the camera.

·
Registered
552 Posts
To each his own on the dash and calipers (what color is your B9?).

Nice work on the cam.

The drilled rotors look good:tup: But you'd probably get the same better "feel" by just upgrading the pads and S.S. brake lines and saving the money on the new rotors. Just a thought for those others looking to improve their brakes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like the posed victim in the backup cam shot, nice job.

I'll pass on the dash kit and calipers, but I like the effort you did on everything so far!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not so sure about the painted calipers, or the color of the dash kit (though the install looks clean), but those are personal preferences.

Nice work on the back up cam, and I also like the "victim" behind the car!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
color of my sbt is seafoam green, calipers match :) i did the dash kit cause i didnt like so much silver color and the grey toned it down and stepped it up at the same time and matches the interior nicely, Thanks for the compliments, the drilled rotors were for cooling and for looks :) i had drilled rotors on my carrera c4s and my 930s so i wanted them on my sbt, plus the plating and painting they wont rust, I HATE RUSTY BRAKES :) I GUESS IM A DETAIL GUY

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
also doing this weekend i am turning the RSE FUNCTION (audio portion already done on sound system) on and patching the video into the dash screen for games, i pod and camera video and still pic inputs (while parked of course) :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ah, k...well the greenish caliper makes more sense if your B9 is the seafoam color!

Too bad you don't have an 07...would have saved yourself a lot of troubles adding in the camera, aux audio and video. Although if I had an 06, it'd drive me crazy too with the missing features that were added in:p

·
Registered
630 Posts
in my 06 B9 i can watch DVDs from my rear seat tv on my nav screen, but whats the aux audio..is that for ipods or something?
yea i learned you shouldnt get a new car design the 1st year it comes out :}

·
Registered
6 Posts
y1der said:
OKAY IM SURE A LOT OF OTHER 06 subie tribecca owners WOULD LIKE THE BACK UP CAMERA FUNCTION ENABLED....It is way easy! buy a back up cam,(i used a TADI) .2 lux waterproof cam, 25ft good quality video rca wire, wired the power into the back up light wires on the tail light so all i needed to run was the rca video cable to the nav unit through the headliner area, and a simple rca adapter to pin plug on the nav unit. It works perfectly! screen shots in this post :)
I also took care of the mushy brakes by at least 75% improvment, drilled nicad plated rotors, Akebono pads, stainless steel braided brake lines by "g-stop"
I also did a dash kit, "titanium burlwood" by WOW DASH KITS.
In the picture you identify positive and negative in the four pin Molex connector. Did you also apply the back up light power there or was the backup light power at the camera itself? If the answer is the camera itself why did you identify the two pins.

Sorry for the inquisition, I just don't want to make a mistake

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
back up cam

The pinout is for the video input signal, the power for the camera 12v is taken off the back up light wire on the tail light itself, saves wire run plus the your cam is not on all the time

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi, does the camera come on when you go into reverse automatically? do you need to touch the silly disclaimer to see the rear video?
i am doing a project this weekend going to install XM player. using the aux in that is presently used to send ent audio to speakers. i am ordering a three way aux splitter for three audio sources. i can then switch from three audio sources right up front. will post when i get done.

·
Registered
119 Posts
y1der said:
camera comes on automatically, bypasses the disclaimer screen
I'm pretty sure the disclaimer statement is programmed into the Nav DVD software, not the monitor screen hardware itself. Maybe someone else can confirm this?

-Karen in AZ-

·
Registered
146 Posts
OK. So I took my camera to an auto electronics place for the install (sorry, but can't '"do-it-yourself" anymore). I also took the photographs from here and pages of instructions/owners manuals from Nav device and screen. They referred to these and had no problems with the install -but would have been lost without them.

I LOVE THIS CAMERA!. I hated backing up my Tribeca because it was a blind manuever. Now, I can see it all (including white lines in the parking space). Wish I had one of these on all my vehicles. It's just great to know you're safe and so are those around you.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts