Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I just got this 06 B9 tribeca 2 days after we got it, it started to act up. First it stalled on me on the highway and then it wouldn’t start back up we had to tow it home. Then my uncle tried to figure out was wrong we found several issues with it after we got everything fixed we started it up it was running fine and then I pressed the gas pedal it back into limp mode. We hear knocking in the engine but can’t figure out where it’s coming from.
Any help would be great! Thank you

·
Administrator
692 Posts
My husband and I just got this 06 B9 tribeca 2 days after we got it, it started to act up. First it stalled on me on the highway and then it wouldn’t start back up we had to tow it home. Then my uncle tried to figure out was wrong we found several issues with it after we got everything fixed we started it up it was running fine and then I pressed the gas pedal it back into limp mode. We hear knocking in the engine but can’t figure out where it’s coming from.
Any help would be great! Thank you
Knocking does not sound good.

Did you get any codes? What did you find out when getting things fixed up a bit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Knocking does not sound good.

Did you get any codes? What did you find out when getting things fixed up a bit?
We didn’t get any codes other than what we were told by my dad. He’s working on getting codes done on the car. My uncle thinks it’s one of the pistons

·
Administrator
692 Posts
We didn’t get any codes other than what we were told by my dad. He’s working on getting codes done on the car. My uncle thinks it’s one of the pistons
Well that wouldn't be a good thing if it is the pistons. If the body is in good shape, the transmission is in good shape, you have the resources (financial and logistical), AND the motivation to keep it is there I would look into a JDM shop that specializes in putting JDM engines in.

If you are indeed facing a huge mechanical issue like a bad piston, I would consider going that route as opposed to being in a situation where you are stuck in the middle of the road.

My situation was somewhat similar and in the end that was what worked out best for me in the long run. It might be best to get a cheap universal code reader even if you don't keep the Tribeca. They are only a few bucks on Amazon.

It sounds serious, but hoping it is something stupid. In the end, even putting a JDM engine in is a risk. You don't know what you are getting. Mine has been a gem though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that wouldn't be a good thing if it is the pistons. If the body is in good shape, the transmission is in good shape, you have the resources (financial and logistical), AND the motivation to keep it is there I would look into a JDM shop that specializes in putting JDM engines in.

If you are indeed facing a huge mechanical issue like a bad piston, I would consider going that route as opposed to being in a situation where you are stuck in the middle of the road.

My situation was somewhat similar and in the end that was what worked out best for me in the long run. It might be best to get a cheap universal code reader even if you don't keep the Tribeca. They are only a few bucks on Amazon.

It sounds serious, but hoping it is something stupid. In the end, even putting a JDM engine in is a risk. You don't know what you are getting. Mine has been a gem though.
My dad is looking into it. I’m getting in touch with a mechanic on Monday to see what they have to say. But hopefully it’s not as bad as we think

·
Administrator
692 Posts
My dad is looking into it. I’m getting in touch with a mechanic on Monday to see what they have to say. But hopefully it’s not as bad as we think
Let us know how it works out.

Welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts