Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering swapping my engine in my 2006 B9. It's been a constant battle of running hot replaced radiator twice flushed coolant and everything else, I'm pretty sure it started with a clog heater core that has just started a chain reaction of issues, to now the traction control kicks on and off, almost every seal is now failing a long with a slight knocking.

My question the owners manual says the engine is EZ30D but when looking for I replacement I find a lot more EZ30R engines is there anything I should be aware of before making a purchase? Any advice is appreciated.

·
Administrator
737 Posts
I'm considering swapping my engine in my 2006 B9. It's been a constant battle of running hot replaced radiator twice flushed coolant and everything else, I'm pretty sure it started with a clog heater core that has just started a chain reaction of issues, to now the traction control kicks on and off, almost every seal is now failing a long with a slight knocking.

My question the owners manual says the engine is EZ30D but when looking for I replacement I find a lot more EZ30R engines is there anything I should be aware of before making a purchase? Any advice is appreciated.
I believe that EZ30R is just the slang for the generation 2 of the EZ30D. Even though Subaru never officially used the EZ30R it is nice jargon to differentiate the two of them so that you can make an informed purchase. If it were me and I were close to a JDM shop that has them, I would just go that route and save yourself the headache.

Personally, if they haven't done a Tribeca before, they may do an even better job on your vehicle if you clean it up and make it look all nice before turning it in. They seemed interested in my vehicle because it was different and were more inclined to do a good job.

Hope that helps.

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Did you swap your engine out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts