Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Forum banner

Engine code p0301 no ground number 1 fuel injector

10K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Betatr34 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 Subaru Tribeca and it has a engine code p0301. The issue that I'm having is the number 1 cylinder fuel injector has no ground. I have tried replacing the fuel injector, I replaced the coil, I reset the code and when I check the ground at the injector there is no ground. I'm thinking it is the ECU and which I have purchased one but it wont start with the new ECU. It was out of another Tribeca with the exact same part number. What do I do now?
Help please

#4 ·
Misfire codes P0302,P0304,P0306. and very noticeable shaking. I checked compression, injectors, coils, changed the ground straps and main engine ground, checked the battery, and checked fuel pressure all myself then threw my hands in the air and took it to the dealer. It took the tech 3 days, but they assured me it was the ecm, so I paid a bit over 1400 for replacement/repair and they did the recalls that were open on it at the same time.

For my situation the cost of the ecm $700+ and the free loaner made it a no brainer to allow the dealer to change it, and it is under warranty for 12 months/ 12k miles.

#5 ·
It is not uncommon for the ECU to remove the ground from a injector on a cylinder that has set a misfire code. It is program to shut it down to protect the catalytic converter from melting down due to excessive fuel. (The computer provides the ground for all injectors).
I would start by pulling out the spark plug to see if it burned out and has a crack/carbon trail on it to ground.
If so, you will need to replace the spark plug and the boot (they will both have a carbon track on them, and no you can't clean it off) Clear the code and see if the injector comes back to life.
If you pull the spark plug out and it looks fine and new, you should then check the continuity of the wire from the computer to the number 1 injector for and open.

#6 ·
Engine code p0301 no ground number 1 fuel injector

I have a 2006 Subaru Tribeca and it has a engine code p0301. The issue that I'm having is the number 1 cylinder fuel injector has no ground. I have tried replacing the fuel injector, I replaced the coil, I reset the code and when I check the ground at the injector there is no ground. I'm thinking it is the ECU and which I have purchased one but it wont start with the new ECU. It was out of another Tribeca with the exact same part number. What do I do now?
Help please

I already replaced the plug the coil and injector. I also checked the wire for continuity it worked when I first put the new injector in but once I cleared the code it came back with no ground again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.