New 2010 Tribeca details - Page 2 - SB9T.com
SB9T.com

Go Back   SB9T.com > Tribeca Owners' Lounge > News and Rumors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 05:10 AM   #21 (permalink)

Monotone paint on the Touring, so different colored cladding for the rest of the lineup?
McGurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #22 (permalink)

Thumbs up 2010 3.6r

Man we just got out 09 Tribeca Limited with Navi. We do love the car but the usability of the Nav system is a downer. We were using a Garmin nuvi 780 which is years ahead of the 09's nav system.

Tribeca Touring sounds nice! Monotone paint would be very cool. HID's a plus. Can't wait to see it!
saga_seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Tribeca_06

they should make brown leather an option..that would look really good, i just saw a pic of the interior of a Tribeca and i think the lighting was changed or something, it the leather looked brown, it look realllly good!
Tribeca_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2009, 06:53 AM   #24 (permalink)

Default Canadian Limited and Premium monotone comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGurk
Monotone paint on the Touring, so different colored cladding for the rest of the lineup?
I sat in the 2010 Tribeca. It's pretty much same as '09. The monotone exterior didn't impress me. IMO, I think the unpainted rocker panels, wheel arches, front and back being unpainted black is more practical as it's areas that gets scratches dings and dents and gives car some character.

While monotone will attract some buyers, I find what Subaru did was more rushed in that they just wanted to offer a twist and it wasn't really something that was executed properly. Looking at the rocker panel for instance, it was previously textured with a bumpy pattern. For 2010, they just sprayed over the bumpy texture with paint. I think its kinds tacky. If they were going to do this, they should of polished out the bumps and made it a smooth silky surface. Also, the silver painted roof rails didn't impress me either. I'd rather they chromed it to match the chrome handles. If you bought a car other than silver, It felt like the roof rails belonged to a silver car and was accidently installed on the wrong vehicle.

No flaming please. Just my opinion!
mwoo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:27 AM   #25 (permalink)

That's interesting about the new paint job -- they should have used new smooth molds for those body parts. Did you notice anything different with the interior?

There are photos of a white monotone tribeca on another site (the photos are from a Frankfurt show) and it looks very nice from afar, but it has black roof rails and nice 5-spoke wheels.

Speaking of which, what did the wheels look like on the '10?
tribeca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:38 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribeca09
That's interesting about the new paint job -- they should have used new smooth molds for those body parts. Did you notice anything different with the interior?

There are photos of a white monotone tribeca on another site (the photos are from a Frankfurt show) and it looks very nice from afar, but it has black roof rails and nice 5-spoke wheels.

Speaking of which, what did the wheels look like on the '10?
From afar, montone look is monotone look. If you like it, then it'll look great to you. As I mentioned, only when you go for closer inspection, you get a little disappointed that all they did was take '09 parts and sprayed it with paint.

I agree they should of made new molds, but molds are very expensive! The only things I noticed interior was a new style grill with Harmon kardon labeled on the vent just below the NAV screen. It used to look like vents, but now its got metal mesh look. I think it looks nice. At least stuff won't be able to fall in now! Also, where the sunglass holder was where moonroof buttons are, now resides the bluetooth features. So, no more sunglass storage.

I believe the wheels have now gone back to 2006-2007 7 spoke design.
mwoo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #27 (permalink)

ohh so its out in Canada..boy i hope it has more options then that in the U.S..prob not but i can hope...and yea Subaru really needs to TRY to push it if they want to sell it..i mean the Outback..so many commercails of offroading and such...Tribeca..they have people in it like oh this is nice..they need better adverstising and pride.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:44 AM   #28 (permalink)
Hum

Has anyone got any photos they can post?
Hum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #29 (permalink)

Info and pictures of the 2010 Tribeca are available on the Canadian Subaru site.

No telescoping steering wheel.
Fuel tank still 16.9 gallons. (Less than the Outback or Forester.)

Cosmetic/electronic changes only as far as I can tell.
Bullroarer Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #30 (permalink)

blehhhhhhhhhh
Old 10-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #31 (permalink)

wow the Subaru of Canada site is so much better then the U.S..they actulley have the Tribeca with all the new 2010s..Tribeca needs asverstisment for off road stuff like the Outback.. and 2006/2007 rims on it?? it looks ok.. and they call it " head of the class" . and i like the painted bumbers...looks good on the site.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #32 (permalink)

I'll wait for the 2011 or 2012 then. I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna and 2007 tribeca right now. The Sienna is hitting 97k now and it'll be time to replace late next year or the year after. It's our workhorse car, but I love driving the 2007 Tribeca. Too bad, my wife took it over for her morning commutes.

I think a slight stretch in size would make the Tribeca perfect. With all 7 seats up, the trunk has barely enough room to fit anything beyond simple groceries. I think that would complete Subaru's lineup and allow it to compete with all the other mid-size utes out there.
DizzyV6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #33 (permalink)

I would wait for the redesign too, i spoke to a Subaru rep and asked if the Tribeca would make a redesign or be discontinued and told me that they have no intent of discontinuing the Tribeca..which made me happy, also the 2010 Tribecas..the bluetooth is kinda retarded..its where the sunglass storage is..they should have redone the steering wheel, much more luxurious also the touring model has 26-07 Tribeca rims
Old 12-22-2009, 06:36 AM   #34 (permalink)

Sounds like Subaru is planning a last-ditch redesign of the Tribeca to see if it can attract more buyers. While I think the size is fine (if anything, I think it is too cumbersome to navigate now, compared to my old Grand Cherokee), I'd bet it will grow a lot more to distance itself from the Forester and Outback.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/12/21/auto...back/index.htm
tribeca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #35 (permalink)

i hope the 2010 Tribeca does well but it does need to be redone and when that happens it will be a success like the Outback and Forester although there are many mid-size SUVs which makes the competion harder