Folding Power Mirrors - SB9T.com
SB9T.com

Go Back   SB9T.com > Tribeca Technical > Exterior / Styling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hum

Default Folding Power Mirrors

I was reading through my manual and noticed that some Tribecas were fitted with power folding mirrors, there should be a switch down next to the power mirror knob. The Tribecas in Australia don't have them. Anyone have it in there's. Is it automatic when you start or stop your car. I would love them here, I wonder how much they are.
Hum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

They are standard over here (UK) but do not operate automatically. You have to hit the button.
It would be interesting to see which features are fitted for different markets and the marketing/costing reasons behind them.
SimonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hum
I was reading through my manual and noticed that some Tribecas were fitted with power folding mirrors, there should be a switch down next to the power mirror knob. The Tribecas in Australia don't have them. Anyone have it in there's. Is it automatic when you start or stop your car. I would love them here, I wonder how much they are.
The crazy thing here is that they don't make alarm system as standard though... in US manual there is instruction how to activate, deactivate.... then no rear AUX video audio input . drives me nut now
TribecaAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2008, 06:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonD
They are standard over here (UK) but do not operate automatically. You have to hit the button.
It would be interesting to see which features are fitted for different markets and the marketing/costing reasons behind them.
Power folding mirrors would be awesome. Ship some to us!

2011 3.6R Limited w/ Nav
Magic Marker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yea I saw power folding mirrors on the manual as well but its not on the US models....sucks!!! I would love them on my 08 Beca. We also have the alarm on the 08 not sure about the previous years. I didnt install the sensor so it will it go off when someone opens the door w/o using the remote. Really weird why some of these basic features can be standards all around.
SubieTri08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

They sound like a nice idea but I've only used them to entertain the kids so far! Maybe they'll be useful when I try to squeeze it on the ferry to Dublin in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

I could see them being useful in city parking. When we went to Rome, seemed like everyone pulled their mirrors in. I could use it, our 1 car garage is a bit narrow and we always fold in the drivers side which we have to walk by to get in/out the house.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hum

Maybe someone in the UK could let us know how much they would cost us. I would love them on my car, then I could sell my original ones cheap to someone who wants to upgrade to the bigger ones.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

I thought that the bigger mirrors were a change made with the introduction of the '07 model. We didn't get the '06 model here (or the '08 for that matter!) and the folding mirrors came as standard even on the base cloth seat model.
I would imagine that a new set of mirrors + the switch and necessary wiring would be prohibitively expensive to retrofit. Bear in mind that our car is the equivalent of USD68k or AUD75k over here.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Hum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonD
I thought that the bigger mirrors were a change made with the introduction of the '07 model. We didn't get the '06 model here (or the '08 for that matter!) and the folding mirrors came as standard even on the base cloth seat model.
I would imagine that a new set of mirrors + the switch and necessary wiring would be prohibitively expensive to retrofit. Bear in mind that our car is the equivalent of USD68k or AUD75k over here.
Could you do us a favour and list down some phone numbers of wreakers that I can call in the UK. Maybe I can get some cheap mirrors from a damaged Tribeca.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:40 AM   #11 (permalink)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/subaru-Tribeca...QQcmdZViewItem

This is the only Tribeca I have seen broken so far but it looks like the mirrors would be scrap. It might be worth a call anyway in case he finds another.

Grade A Subaru seem well regarded:
http://www.gradea-subaru.co.uk/

Here's a list of some more:
http://www.imprezasport.net/forums/i...?showtopic=845

Without wishing to sound negative there are so few Tribecas over here that very few will have been broken yet.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

Heh, it's interesting you guys are talking about "wreckers" and "breakers" in Australia and England. Sure we have car junk yards here in the US but none that specialize in any one particular make nor advertise their sales openly. To get salvage and scrap parts here you either gotta search on your own or know someone.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:21 AM   #13 (permalink)

It might be something to do with the cost of cars over here. When you can buy cars as cheaply as you can in the States there probably is not such a market for secondhand parts.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snork
Heh, it's interesting you guys are talking about "wreckers" and "breakers" in Australia and England. Sure we have car junk yards here in the US but none that specialize in any one particular make nor advertise their sales openly. To get salvage and scrap parts here you either gotta search on your own or know someone.
There is a spesialty ISUZU/KIA junk yard in CA. I used them for my VX. All they have was any possible model/year of Isuzu.

Those power mirrors are VERY smart idea ! Here, in Boston many streets are very narrow and many people are VERY arrogant for someones property. So, you got the picture. My driver mirror was banged (tiny scratch). I would love them on my Tribeca. Another smart invention is on BMW mirrows - as soon as you put gear in reverse, they go down when you backup so you can see the curb and not hit your rims. Very smart!

Last edited by Andrey; 05-31-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Andrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

I wonder if that seller would ship parts at a reasonable rate.

2011 3.6R Limited w/ Nav
Magic Marker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

This is reviving an old thread but I just finished watching a you tube video of a 2012 Beca in the UK. It had power folding side mirrors. The button is in the center 3 button pod where the over-ride for traction control is located. This would be cool even if I didn't use the feature very often. Did anyone on this old thread ever come up with part numbers?
subiedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #17 (permalink)

I'm wondering if it is a switch and have the dealer flash the computer. Just a guess but I might ask dealer on next service.
hot_h2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:01 AM   #18 (permalink)

Reviving the thread again....

Brazilian tribecas were all imported from USA. I have a 2009 limited one, without the folding mirrors. It would be nice to have this folding mirrors available.

Cheers
monsterbash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

My power folding side view mirrors stopped working when the battery was disconnected on my B9 Tribeca. My auto fold mirrors open and close when the car is unlocked/locked with the remote.

This is what I did to fix it (similar to activating-deactivation the lock beep)-

1. Went inside the car, close all doors and unlocked the car with the button in the door.
2. Pressed and held the unlock button (in the driver door).
3. While holding the unlock button, inserted and removed the key from ignition 6 times.
4. After taking the key off for the sixth time, release the unlock button.
5. Open and close the door.

This sounds like the password to get unlimited lives in original Nintendo games (contra), but it worked!
jgtz is offline   Reply With Quote