OEM HID Wiring info Needed - SB9T.com
SB9T.com

Go Back   SB9T.com > Tribeca Technical > Exterior / Styling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2019, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default OEM HID Wiring info Needed

I have a 2010 Tribeca with OEM stock HIDs on it. The driver's side has been giving me issues in that; the running light, low beam and high beam do not work. (or work very intermittently). I suspect a ground wire is broken, loose and/or corroded.

Can anyone confirm if the black wire is the ground wire for the OEM HID wiring at the connector between the lamp assembly and chassis wiring harness?

My plan is to just ground it somewhere else and bypass the wiring harness connector where I suspect the faulty/loose/corroded wiring connector pin is.

If anyone had the wiring color scheme for the OEM HIDs, it would be a great help to get these lamps back on and working in a stable manner.

Thanks
freshapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2019, 04:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

I also have a 2010 Tribeca with HID problems. I've posted here in other areas. Replaced HID bulb and ballast. Not same problems yet you are experiencing.
thompsonrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have found on mine that the blue wire coming from the headlight was damaged and not making a solid connection. I was able to source some single pin connectors from iwireservices.com and depin the original connector and crimp a new one on. Now I suspect the ground pin had become damaged and is doing the same thing. What sucks, is that the headlight assembly pigtail wire harness is not sold separately and the whole headlight assembly is somewhere between $500-700 bucks, which is the only way I have seen the wiring for it available.

I have gotten good at removing the front bumper to gain access to the headlights which makes troubleshooting the headlights very easy. I would recommend checking the integrity of your harness connectors for your headlight and checking for corroded, bent, or broken pin connectors.

Since not many of the Tribecas came with the HID option, it makes it more rare and difficult to find parts.

Overall, if someone has the wiring diagram for the OEM HID option, it would be a great help in determining which wire leads to what bulbs.
freshapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2019, 07:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Freshapple. Yes rare and I would like to see a schematic.
Old 12-22-2019, 04:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

After changing 2 Bulbs and one ballast, I decided to go with LED. 2009 Tribeca, factory HID.

I've put this instead: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not an easy job, as you have to tap into the ballast wires, but doable. I'm happy with the choice that I made.
ionutz05cti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 06:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default HID to LED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutz05cti View Post
After changing 2 Bulbs and one ballast, I decided to go with LED. 2009 Tribeca, factory HID.

I've put this instead: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not an easy job, as you have to tap into the ballast wires, but doable. I'm happy with the choice that I made.
Excellent choice and I will note it should I eventually tire of the expense of these HIDs. Did you find the beam was OK with LED's in the existing HID reflectors?
Old 12-23-2019, 05:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsonrc View Post
Excellent choice and I will note it should I eventually tire of the expense of these HIDs. Did you find the beam was OK with LED's in the existing HID reflectors?
The beam is perfect as the led bulbs are sitting in the same position as the original HID bulb. It's an 2 h or less job (remove bumper, both headlights, do wiring).
Old 12-24-2019, 05:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutz05cti View Post
The beam is perfect as the led bulbs are sitting in the same position as the original HID bulb. It's an 2 h or less job (remove bumper, both headlights, do wiring).
Excellent.. although i was referring to the 'light source' dot being in the same Focal point as the original HID arc. I have looked for this information from several manufacturers and find nothing. Since each auto manufacturer has different 'lenses' and these retrofit kits are made for as many models as possible; I wonder if anyone Ever considered this factor.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsonrc View Post
Excellent.. although i was referring to the 'light source' dot being in the same Focal point as the original HID arc. I have looked for this information from several manufacturers and find nothing. Since each auto manufacturer has different 'lenses' and these retrofit kits are made for as many models as possible; I wonder if anyone Ever considered this factor.
I know what you mean, and yes, if you put both side by side the light source it at the same distance. And I know also that many sellers advertise their LED's as being the same as original HID, and they aren't. I guess I was lucky, I took the risk when I ordered them, but I knew I could return them easily.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Headlight Beam Leveler System Wiring

Headlight System Wiring
MaxG is offline   Reply With Quote