Navigation Screen Not Illuminating - SB9T.com
SB9T.com

Go Back   SB9T.com > Tribeca Technical > I.C.E./Security

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2019, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Navigation Screen Not Illuminating

I have 2008 Tribeca with the Navagation system. The navation screen stopped illuminating. When I start my vehicle, I get the Subaru splash screen, but after that, the screen goes completely black. Any ideas?
Bammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2019, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Screen is blank

I did force that to happen by pressing and holding one of the buttons on the control panel (I'm trying to help please forgive me I'm old and having trouble remembering). I believe it was the Audio or Info button - anyway I pressed and held it and the screen went blank. That Freaked-out my spouse next time she drove. I believe she got it working pressing and holding one of those two. I'm really sorry I cannot remember and I cannot locate that control in the UM, but it may have happened to you inadvertently pressing on a button. I hope you find it! Tony
Tony-Tribeca07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2019, 06:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammo View Post
I have 2008 Tribeca with the Navagation system. The navation screen stopped illuminating. When I start my vehicle, I get the Subaru splash screen, but after that, the screen goes completely black. Any ideas?

Hi Bammo: I did find it today. It is a physical push button of a row of them on the center stack but on the far right with an image or icon of what appears to be a calendar or a dog-eared page turning or something like that (who thinks up these icons that my old age cannot decipher?). Anyway I press that and on the display there is a touch-screen button labeled "OFF" at the bottom left corner. Odd, I think. I press it and it turns-off the display ok. How to turn on? It's frightening as if you're flying a plane and your instruments go out!!! Anyway this probably won't help you because I pressed a random physical button on the center stack and the display re-illuminated. I'm starting to believe what you are seeing is perhaps a software issue. I hope you find the issue. good luck.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

I took it to dealership and they couldn’t fix it. They said it would cost about $1150.00 for a new unit.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm really sorry. That is very sucky. I have had very, very good luck getting used parts from SSP Recycling in California. Used OEM Subaru Parts Recyclers - Dismantlers & Auto Wreckers.

They specialize in Subaru and have identified and sent me several components for my aging SVX (dash board pieces and rear lens components) and a driver's door master window/door switch for my Tribeca. You can look at the cars they currently have on their web site. I have called them on the phone and they get it and ship it and I love that as I cannot seem to find what I need here in Texas. Let me know if that works for you!

Tags
navagation screen, navigation, screen