Homelink garage door opener setup - SB9T.com
SB9T.com

Go Back   SB9T.com > Tribeca Technical > I.C.E./Security

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2017, 08:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Homelink garage door opener setup

Have some visor buttons so I am guessing they can be used to open my garage door opener?

There are 2 sets of instructions for programming....one is USA and the other is Canadian. I am renting and don't want to mess with the opener. The Canadian method seems to involve mirroring an existing fob. Could I use the Canadian method?
06 7 str. Ltd Sa Wht Prl 170k, JDM Eng 48k, blk lea, OEM rub mats, pdl lts, 7 str cgo tray, cgo nets, Audiovox 13.3" overhead DVD player, FM Trans, Osram Rallye 65W low bms, Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT, Mishimoto Oil Drn Plg, M1AFE 0-30, M1 75-90 Diffs, Valvoline Imp. MV ATF, Bfld Ctch Cns w/ drn, PK GL Lifetime w/ SCC, SUM - 255/55/18 Firestone Dest LE2s on Drk Gry Plastidipped Stockers WNTR - Hankook Icept Evo2 SUV 235/65/17s on Gunmetal Drag DR-62s, MNRF defl, SLTD/DRLD rotors cer pads, 2k11 LG wprs
06b9beca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2017, 10:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

I had to use the Canadian method on my '08. U.S. wouldn't work.
OliverB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverB View Post
I had to use the Canadian method on my '08. U.S. wouldn't work.
Thanks, I'll try it and see how it goes....at least there is a chance. I just don't want to deprogram the other remotes accidentally. Maintenance is very slow here.
06 7 str. Ltd Sa Wht Prl 170k, JDM Eng 48k, blk lea, OEM rub mats, pdl lts, 7 str cgo tray, cgo nets, Audiovox 13.3" overhead DVD player, FM Trans, Osram Rallye 65W low bms, Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT, Mishimoto Oil Drn Plg, M1AFE 0-30, M1 75-90 Diffs, Valvoline Imp. MV ATF, Bfld Ctch Cns w/ drn, PK GL Lifetime w/ SCC, SUM - 255/55/18 Firestone Dest LE2s on Drk Gry Plastidipped Stockers WNTR - Hankook Icept Evo2 SUV 235/65/17s on Gunmetal Drag DR-62s, MNRF defl, SLTD/DRLD rotors cer pads, 2k11 LG wprs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2017, 04:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Moderator Elite

The only way you can usually deprogram other garage door openers is if you do a full reset (not just pushing the button for programming) or if you program too many different remotes for the garage door unit - a lot of them have a limit of something like 10. Even if you were to deprogram it, it's very easy to add them back in or even start from scratch.

If not sure what differences there are with the two different methods, but I've always used the method where you press and hold your existing garage door opener to help the homelink program itself.

If you got a new chamberlain or liftmaster garage door opener very recently, it's also possible that homelink openers are not compatible without an extra adapter, which is its own level of BS, but not Subaru or Homelink's fault.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

2006 GMC Envoy XL

2003 Subaru Baja 5MT Sport

Former Subarus:
08 Tribeca
12 Impreza
03 Forester
95 Outback
Wiscon_Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscon_Mark View Post
The only way you can usually deprogram other garage door openers is if you do a full reset (not just pushing the button for programming) or if you program too many different remotes for the garage door unit - a lot of them have a limit of something like 10. Even if you were to deprogram it, it's very easy to add them back in or even start from scratch.

If not sure what differences there are with the two different methods, but I've always used the method where you press and hold your existing garage door opener to help the homelink program itself.

If you got a new chamberlain or liftmaster garage door opener very recently, it's also possible that homelink openers are not compatible without an extra adapter, which is its own level of BS, but not Subaru or Homelink's fault.
Very cool, if it doesn't work I'll know why.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ok, so got a new house with liftmaster garage door openers that are model year 2013. I tried and tried and tried both methods, reset after reset on both the remotes and the openers would never result in my getting the light to flash quickly.

A post here said something about needing an adapter for liftmaster? If that is the case, do I call liftmaster or homelink for help? Homelink was of course shut by the time I got around to this.

Thanks for any pointers!
Old 07-29-2019, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Moderator Elite

It's a Chamberlain / Liftmaster accessory, so I'd contact them.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

2006 GMC Envoy XL

2003 Subaru Baja 5MT Sport

Former Subarus:
08 Tribeca
12 Impreza
03 Forester
95 Outback
Wiscon_Mark is offline   Reply With Quote