Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Forum banner

Soft brake pedal

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Magic Marker 
#1 ·
I've had my B9 for a year and has about 9000 miles on it (I only drive a few miles to work). The breke pedal feels soft (always has), and when at a stop light, I can press the pedal pretty much all the way to the floor with a little force. I came from a WRX with Stoptech brakes and my wife's Legacy brake pedal is like a rock. Before I take it in suspecting air in the lines I wanted to see if anyone else has this same issue. I do have a brake pressure bleeder and a full can of ATE Super Blue fluid sitting in the garage that I may have to use when it gets warmer.:)

#5 ·
I have the same opinion of the brakes. My Accord is slightly firm and pretty linear, my wife's legacy is firm, and the B9 feels like mush to me. I think it's just something you have to get used to. When I test drove it, I commented to the sales guy it was quite soft before we even got out of the lot and he said they all are, especially compared to other subarus. For me the most difficult part is the non-linearity. it's soft and mushy for the first 1" of travel, then they bite hard all of a sudden.

#7 ·
Heh, same here...I'm not quite used to it neither yet. It's our weekend car for now until my Accord dies (hopefully not for a long while;)). Also my wife typically drives it cuz she gets car sick as a passenger, so I hardly even get to drive "my" new car:(

#10 ·
hawker800mech said:
I've had my B9 for a year and has about 9000 miles on it (I only drive a few miles to work). The breke pedal feels soft (always has), and when at a stop light, I can press the pedal pretty much all the way to the floor with a little force. I came from a WRX with Stoptech brakes and my wife's Legacy brake pedal is like a rock. Before I take it in suspecting air in the lines I wanted to see if anyone else has this same issue. I do have a brake pressure bleeder and a full can of ATE Super Blue fluid sitting in the garage that I may have to use when it gets warmer.:)

EBD- Brake Assist system analyzes the velocity and force of stroke on the brake pedal and brings hydraulic boost up to provide improved emergency braking. So.. you wont feel too much feedback, but enough to to get a sense of how the vehicle is responding. Try slamming on the brakes.. you'll see the firmer side of the pedal :) All Tribeca's and 08+ Subaru's will support this feature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.