Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Forum banner

Rear Differential Light Flashing

8K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MSgtNobody 
#1 ·
This morning on my way home from work my rear differential light would flash for a second when I would press on the gas. It would really flash when I throttled hard. At idle it or cruising the light wouldn't go on. Anybody have a clue as to what that means aside from the obvious that the rear diff may be going bad? :confused:

06 Tribeca LTD with 87,000 miles purcahsed new.

#2 ·
Beyond low diff fluid (it's a diff "heat problem" indicator), possibly a short in the sender connection at the diff. I seem to recall some of the STI guys mentioning this (same differential between the two), or possibly cold weather - not sure where you are - but snow/ice could also be the culprit.

#5 ·
I did a write up on here somewhere, mine was the connector for the sensor, at the rear of the car, it gets corroded, and you hit bumps and the light flashes/flickers.

10 minute repair, get under the car, pull the wire off, clean both ends out, put some dilectric grease (get a little spark plug packet at the local auto parts place) but it back together and viola.

C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.