Special SB9t Announcement - SB9T.com
SB9T.com

Go Back   SB9T.com > Tribeca Owners' Lounge > General

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By FLsubies
  • 4 Post By Admin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2017, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Special SB9t Announcement

Over 10 years ago, I left an established career to go on this crazy journey that involved spreading SUBARU enthusiasm across the globe. Since that time, I developed a network of SUBARU communities that gives everyone a safe space to learn about SUBARUs and engage other SUBARU owners. The forums have grown considerably since then, and they can be incredibly challenging and time-consuming to maintain, whether its addressing software bugs, keeping the forums online 24/7/365, or enhancing the forum experience for our members.

It has been a growing challenge for me to balance my commitment to my family and to support the forums. Because of this, I did not feel as though I was bringing our membership all that was possible so in an effort to ensure the community stays alive and thrives, I partnered with AutoGuide.com to relieve me of my forum management responsibilities. I have made it clear to them how special these forums and its members are, as well as how I want AutoGuide to manage things going forward. Most importantly, the forum will continue to be moderated by our team of enthusiasts while AutoGuide will support the business side.

This was a difficult decision for me to make just as it was a difficult decision to leave my career more than 10 years ago, but I know the sites are in good hands with AutoGuide which already supports a vast network of communities every day. Their team has the dedicated resources and time (that I no longer have) to support the future growth of our SUBARU network.

While I am going to devote more time to support my family, I will still be around but it has been my distinct pleasure and honor being part of your SUBARU life and I want to thank you for being part of mine! I also wanted to thank everyone who I had the privilege to interact with on the forums or who I met in person over the years—the members who graciously provided their time moderating (officially or unofficially) the sites, the members who shared their knowledge or became a resource to the community, and the vendors who listened to our members and developed products for our cars.

During this journey, I got the rare opportunity to meet and interview Travis Pastrana and Ken Block, to travel to Japan and experience automotive culture, and to experience and film a SUBARU STI S204 on the twisty, scenic roads above the clouds on Japan's Mount Fuji during a media preview day—I even attended SEMA a couple of times! Without friends like you, the amazing people at SUBARU of America, and FUJI Heavy Industries this adventure would not have been the same—thank you!

How does this affect you?
The beautiful part is it doesn't affect you at all. All the mods stay just as they are and our devoted members continue to enjoy the site as always. Other than a new admin behind the scenes taking over most of my duties, things will continue as it always has. I will still drop in every now and then, as I do now.

The next level!
With Autoguide’s resources, I expect some great things to come down the pipeline so stay tuned!
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2017, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Hello everyone,

My name is Philip, I am a community manager for AutoGuide.com, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties for the site.

We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us, it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,

-Philip
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sorry to see Kevin leave, but family is definitely the correct priority! You sir have already left your mark on the Subaru community especially dedicating a forum to the Tribeca! Thank you and Good Luck!
FLsubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2017, 01:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

I am sure he will be around, just wont have to worry about the technical end of things so much anymore.
-Philip
Old 06-05-2017, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

PHilip, can we expect an update of the forum? A "like" or "thanks" button would be awesome!
Admin likes this.
FLsubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Keep your requests coming please. I can certainly look into getting some recognition buttons installed.
Case #2576583. (ticket opened to get new buttons installed)
-Philip

Last edited by Admin; 06-05-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thank You Kevin for this wonderful website and the hard work you put in to maintain it.

Now enjoy time with your family.
laufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Glad to hear the site will continue to operate. It would be a huge loss in support and resources to Tribeca owners if it were to ceased to exist.
Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brien View Post
Glad to hear the site will continue to operate. It would be a huge loss in support and resources to Tribeca owners if it were to ceased to exist.
As long as there is an internet sb9t.com will exist.
-Philip
Old 06-07-2017, 09:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks, Kevin! Welcome, Philip!
Old 06-08-2017, 09:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLsubies View Post
PHilip, can we expect an update of the forum? A "like" or "thanks" button would be awesome!
Like button has been added.
-Philip
laufu, FLsubies, 007rick and 1 others like this.