rotella t6 on tribeca h6 3.0 - Page 5 - SB9T.com
SB9T.com

Go Back   SB9T.com > Tribeca Owners' Lounge > General

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2017, 04:24 PM   #81 (permalink)

So catch cans help with burning oil that would make it to the cats? I might go with Edge Again. The High Mileage version is also A3/B4. However, with my JDM engine only having 48k miles on it would probably be a bad idea to use anything with seal swelling agents.

I used Rotella T6 just for this OCI since I had it laying around after I discontinued use in my FXT because it had to robbing horsepower due to the thickness at temperature.

In turn, it will probably be robbing fuel economy from the Tribeca (which I really don't care much about if it protects the engine better).

However, I don't think that I am going to subject my cats to that stuff...just not worth it.

Heck, the main reason I use Synthetic is for longer OCI because I am lazy. Changing cats out sounds like not a whole lot of fun in terms of time and wallet!
06 7 str. Ltd Sa Wht Prl 170k, JDM Eng 48k, blk lea, OEM rub mats, puddle lts, 7 str cgo tray, cgo nets, Audiovox 13.3" overhead DVD player, FM Trans, Osram Rallye 65W low bms, Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT, Mishimoto Oil Drn Plg, RT6 5-40, M1 75-90 Diffs, Valvoline Import MV ATF, Bfld Ctch Cns w/ drn, PK GL Lifetime w/ SCC, SUM - 255/55/18 Firestone Dest LE2s on Drk Gry Plastidipped Stockers WNTR - Hankook Icept Evo2 SUV 235/65/17s on Gunmetal Drag DR-62s, MNRF defl, SLTD/DRLD rotors cer pads
06b9beca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2017, 07:43 PM   #82 (permalink)

I stopped the t6 because of the issues with the timing chain tensioners and thicker oils, its now back on 30wt and runs just fine.
FLsubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:09 PM   #83 (permalink)

I forgot about that. Right back to 30w for me at next OCI.
FLsubies likes this.
06b9beca is offline   Reply With Quote