She's Gone... - SB9T.com
SB9T.com

Go Back   SB9T.com > Tribeca Owners' Lounge > Members' Journals

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By richjerk71

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2017, 05:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default She's Gone...

Hello Guys,
I haven't updated in a while but here it is...
Due to mysterious hard shifting in the transmission of "Big Shirley", I was forced back in to the car shopping realm. I had the relearn and reprogramming done to the computer, this helped for a few months. Then the hard shift from 2nd to 3rd started again, and it did so violently one time that my wife refused to drive it after that. I labeled her condition "Tribecaphobia" (P0714 TCC malfunction)

I heard about the solution where you change the valve body but in NC where I live now it's hard to find somebody who is not the dealer that knows what they are doing. Then there was the concern that what if I spend the $1800 to do this and its not resolved?

So I pulled the trigger and traded her in for a 2017 Forester Premium. It was a sad day indeed. The Forester is really nice in many ways for what it is (a compact SUV) It was an easy choice compared to other brands like Toyota and Nissan but there is no comparison from Forester to the Tribeca, that was the absolute FINEST road trip car I ever had (except for so so gas mileage)

It was a great experience being part of this community, I learned a lot here and met some cool people as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161103_100405.jpg (102.0 KB, 14 views)
richjerk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Well I hope you join up on SubaruForester.org that is a much larger community with all the same great attributes as this one.

Good luck! And don't feel too bad my wife didn't trust her tribeca either after having the ecm replaced so we are now a Honda/Subaru family...at least for a little while. (The subaru ascent needs a good looking at).
FLsubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default We have that in common

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLsubies View Post
Well I hope you join up on SubaruForester.org that is a much larger community with all the same great attributes as this one.

Good luck! And don't feel too bad my wife didn't trust her tribeca either after having the ecm replaced so we are now a Honda/Subaru family...at least for a little while. (The subaru ascent needs a good looking at).

I have joined the Forester forum, and just before we moved last year I bought an Acura TSX as my commuter, I'm on the tsxclub forum too!
FLsubies likes this.
richjerk71 is offline   Reply With Quote