Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Forum banner

Water passenger side feet area

7K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  snoutmeat 
#1 ·
I am getting water in from the top left side of the passenger foot rest. Is the AC condensation line coming in there? Could this be the issue? Ideas on troubleshooting?

#4 ·
You should be able to use a wire hanger or something to unplug the house- happens to our 2008 Tribeca all the time- not 100% you have same thing, but our hose does like a "S" at the end of the drain line and half the time, if I just wiggle that hose from below, it unclogs

You should be able to see it with a flash light and then get under car to do it

#7 ·
I would take a good look at your serptine belt, especially the idler pulley. Take the belt off and spin the idler and tensioner pulleys and see if they are smooth. If not replace them. This is probably the #1 cause of Tribeca's on the side of the road. Simply to take care of before it leaves you stranded.

Tom

#9 ·
Sometimes n some vehicles, when humidity is high, the evaporator in the dash will ice over and air will blow warm. Volume of air from vents will decrease also. Easy cure is to turn off AC but leave fan on high and warm air will melt ice in a few minutes. You could also have a condensate drain clog.

#10 ·
Interestingly enough, like you said, it worked after being parked. Well, today it worked on the way to work, on the way home, (no water coming in on the carpet) but when I ran out tonight it stopped blowing cold. It went warm, no water coming in, and it had only been running for about 5 minutes.

Would that drain being plugged stop the AC like I though? Or am I into another realm of issues?

#11 ·
We had this issue with our 08 Tribeca once and we had AC blown out and it fixed it. We lived in FL so I think it had to do with clogged and evaporator iced up like OliverB mentioned. Ever since, I unclog 1-2x per year and all has been good.

Have you tried messing with the drain hose? Once you locate the hose, it will take you a minute or 2 to unclog (as long as it isn't a crazy clog higher up). The hose does a S thing with a hook near where it drains and where it curves, it normally clogs up.

#15 ·
I know this is an ancient thread, but I'm having this problem now. Videos on YouTube for other models of Subarus suggest pulling up the carpeting and taking out panels inside the passenger compartment to get at the top end of the hose, but I was going to try getting at the hose from its bottom end. I can't find any pictures that are pointing me to where this hose comes out under the car. Does anybody have any pictures?

#17 ·
I found it... On the right side frame rail, farther back than I had expected. I was under there already, changing the oil. I saw the drain and (don't judge!) blew into it with my lungs like I was trying to blow up a balloon. I could feel the air going into the system, and I think I recall hearing bubbles. Then I popped the house out of my mouth and turned it away, anticipating a flood of stale water ...but not a drop came out. So now I am suspecting that the clog is up at the top of the hose -- maybe even inside the AC component that the hose plugs into, which may be why people were getting at the top end of the hose by the passenger floor mats. My son confirmed that his feet are still getting dripped on when the air conditioning is blasting, so obviously my blow did not do anything and I will need to pull up the floor mats to try to get at the root of the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.