Strut and Spring Assemblies? - SB9T.com
SB9T.com

Go Back   SB9T.com > Tribeca Technical > Suspension & Braking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2017, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Strut and Spring Assemblies?

With Tribecas being so popular, it is hard to find basic things, like a front lower control arm assembly, with the Genuine one being the only option.

What about strut and spring assemblies? Ours has 140k and if I am to get the front done, I would rather deal with all possible noise sources at once.

But I would want a full strut/spring/tophat assembly that is plug and play.

The only one I seem to find is on some unknown to me website with a price too good to be true (for some no name assembly). There are full KYB Excel G assemblies for other models on respected sites but not for TB....

Any suggestions? If I purchase the components separately, is there an auto store that would assemble them for me or do I ask the auto shop I use for minor repairs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2017, 04:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

I did all four in half a day on my own. I rented the spring compressor from the local auto parts store. I would say check the legacy loaded struts, but I think they are longer, odd I know but that is what I recall. Apparently if memory serves me the legacy has more suspension travel.

Since you are also looking into the control arms you might investigate legacy/outback parts to replace the bushings and ball joint instead of replacing the whole arm.
FLsubies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Unless the car was rallied or off-roaded a lot, springs don't need to be replaced at 140 let alone 200. Every other wear part can be bought new from Subaru. Most of the bushings can be bought as well.
nribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2017, 09:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

my rear springs are sagging at 85k, so yes the rear springs do wear out pretty quickly on these, i don't know what previous owner used to haul but i got maybe an inch between tire and fender line,

and no unfortunately there are no quick struts for the tribeca,
Old 08-04-2017, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yes, spring compressors are not pricey to purchase either though I would avoid the cheapest and HF ones. Or I might just get the components to a local shop for disassembling and reassembling.

The wheel wells of the TB are quite filled out anyway so I cannot tell by looking at them if the car is sagging--especially since it parks next to my lifted OB which distorts the perception. However, the springs are about 40-45 at the online Subaru dealers so it makes sense to me to go all the way if doing the struts.

Heuberger Subaru sells the complete LCA for 180 and another online dealer has it for 187. Compare to 320 at the dealer one mile from my house and 230sh for Genuine brand on aftermarket sites. No aftermarket part exists.

Thanks for confirming the lack of strut/spring assemblies (again, there is one, you can find it on google right away, but I do not trust it).
Old 08-04-2017, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Old thread but might help someone or give some ideas.

aftermarket suspension
FLsubies is online now   Reply With Quote